These Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 Unless the context otherwise requires capitalised terms shall have the meaning as set out below:
“Brand Guidelines” our brand guidelines as amended, supplemented or otherwise modified by us from time to time, are available for download within the Campaign Toolkit;
“Campaign Toolkit” the Campaign Toolkit Digital Materials, the Logo and the Designation;
“Campaign” the “National Fitness Day” campaign to promote and celebrate the most active day of the year.
“Designation” the assets with your logo added on, where you have access to do so on assets within the Campaign Toolkit and as illustrated in our Brand Guidelines,
“Intellectual Property Rights” all copyright, database rights, design rights, registered designs, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and rights in confidential information and all rights and forms of protection of a similar nature or having an equivalent effect to any of them which may subsist anywhere in the world together with all goodwill attaching or relating thereto, whether or not any of them are registered and including application for registration of any of them relating to the Campaign Toolkit (including any translations thereof);
“Logo” the “National Fitness Day” logo identified in our Brand Guidelines;
“Permitted Purpose” to promote and raise awareness of the Campaign by:
(i) using, exhibiting and distributing the Campaign Toolkit at your premises, online; and
(ii) using and exhibiting the Logo and/or the Designation on your official website and on your official social media pages,
“we”, “us”, “our” ukactive, registered in England and Wales with company number 02589238 whose registered office is at 10 Bloomsbury Way, Holborn, London WC1A 2SL
“you”, “your(s)” an organisation, club or other sporting body that wishes to use the Campaign Toolkit for the Permitted Purpose.
1. Licence to use the Brand Toolkit
- Use of the Campaign Toolkit
2.3 You hereby agree that:
(a) you shall not use the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) for any use, event or purpose (whether directly or indirectly) which:
(i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory, profane or otherwise objectionable which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or is in breach of the privacy or any other rights of a third party or of any law;
(ii) would tend to allow them to become liable mislead the public, or be materially detrimental to or inconsistent with our good name, goodwill, reputation and image;
(iii) would impair our rights in the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it);
(iv)is commercial (i.e. promoting particular products and/or services), promotional and/or falsely suggests a client (or other business) affiliation/relationship with us;
(b) you shall not amend, adapt, use or position the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) so as to suggest that we, you or any of the persons appearing in the Campaign Toolkit endorse any commercial product or service or any political party or belief without our prior approval in writing;
(c) you shall discharge your obligations in connection with the use of the Campaign Toolkit with all due skill, care and diligence and comply with any applicable laws, regulations and/or industry codes;
3.1 The legal and beneficial ownership of the Campaign Toolkit and the Intellectual Property Rights belongs to ukactive.
3.3 All uses of the Campaign Toolkit must be displayed by you in the manner that has been presented for download on the Website, without amendment unless enabled and specified specifically.
3.4 All uses of the Assets and the Designation must be displayed by you in a manner approved by us in accordance with our Brand Guidelines accompanied by clear marking (relevant logos) to show that the Intellectual Property Rights are owned by ukactive and are being used by us or our affiliates with our permission.
- Protection of the Campaign Toolkit and the Intellectual Property Rights
4.1You shall notify us in writing of any infringements or misuses of the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) and/or the Intellectual Property Rights by third parties of which you become aware.
4.2We have the sole right to determine whether any action shall be taken on account of all proceedings relating to the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) and/or the Intellectual Property Rights and will in our sole discretion decide what action (including litigation, arbitration or compromise) if any to take in respect of any infringement or alleged infringement of the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) and/or the Intellectual Property Right or any other claim or counterclaim brought or threatened in respect of the use of the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) and/or the Intellectual Property Right. We shall not be obliged to bring or defend any proceedings whether for infringement or otherwise in relation to the Campaign Toolkit (or any part of it) and/or the Intellectual Property Right if we in our sole discretion decide not to do so.
4.3 In any infringement proceedings which are brought by us, we shall be entitled to claim in respect of any loss suffered or likely to be suffered by you and shall be entitled to retain any damages awarded in respect of such claim.
4.4 For the avoidance of doubt, nothing herein comprises a licence to use any Designation in connection with or in relation to any goods or services.
- Limitation of Liability
5.1We do not warrant that the use of the Campaign Toolkit by you will not infringe the rights of any third party and exclude all implied warranties or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5.3 You acknowledge that we will have no liability for any indirect or consequential losses or damage you may suffer or incur (including any loss of savings you expect to make, loss of business or business opportunity, or loss of profit or revenue) arising from your use of the Campaign Toolkit.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for National Fitness Day campaign run by ukactive.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Promoter: ukactive, The Bloomsbury Building, 10 Bloomsbury Way, Holborn, London, WC1A 2SL
- The offers and activities listed are open to all, age limits for selected activities may apply, please contact the chosen provider if further clarification is needed due to being unspecified.
- The promotional period is open on Wednesday 23 September 2020 unless highlighted otherwise, the activities listed will run during the promotional period, please refer to the individual event for specific dates, times and details.
- This promotion is being run by ukactive. All information about the activities has been supplied by the participating providers. ukactive are not responsible for any changes in the activity description or planned timings.
- All activities are subject to availability, and can be changed or withdrawn without notice.
- Advance booking of sessions may be required to validate the offer, if this is listed as an option in the description of the activity offer, contact the chosen activity provider for more information and to book. Or follow the outlined instructions.
- Please be aware that you may have to complete an induction or questionnaire to assert your capabilities in participating in physical activity both when attending a physical event but in some cases digital too.
- Terms and Conditions of the activity providers apply and by participating in a free or discounted session you accept their Terms and Conditions. For more information, contact the chosen activity provider.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and to disqualify any claimant who tampers with the claim process or who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All claims will be subject to the Promoter’s validation and verification checks. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in this offer, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- For any queries on the event finder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.